Caring for a Person with Alzheimer's Disease
Thank you for reading this guide. We hope it helps you—the caregiver—and the person with AD.
Call the ADEAR Center
If you have any questions about this guide or about issues related to AD, please call the ADEAR Center at 1-800-438-4380 or go to www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers on the Internet.
Here are some main points to remember:
- Learn about AD to help you cope with challenges.
- Plan how to care for someone with AD to make things easier.
- Create a safe home for the person with AD.
- It's important for you to take care of yourself as well as the person with AD.
- You aren't alone. It's okay to ask for and get help. Check the resources listed in this book.
- You can find the right place for the person with AD if he or she can no longer live at home.
- Learn about medicines used for people with AD.
- Find out how to cope with late-stage AD.
Publication Date: July 2012
Page Last Updated: March 20, 2014