One Hundred-Thirteenth Meeting
Tuesday and Wednesday, May 24-25, 2011
Building 31, C Wing, Conference Room 6
Day-of-the-Meeting Contact Phone: 301-402-8578
TUESDAY, MAY 24
3:00 to 5:00 p.m. – This portion of the meeting is closed to the Public
This portion of the meeting is closed to the public in accordance with the provisions set forth in section 552b(c)(6), Title 5 U.S. Code and Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act as amended (5 U.S.C. Appendix 2).
Review of Applications: Dr. Robin Barr
WEDNESDAY, MAY 25
8:00 to 8:45 a.m. - This portion of the meeting is open to the public
Call to Order
Dr. Richard Hodes
- Director’s Status Report
Future Meeting Dates:
Sept 20-21, 2011 (Tue-Wed)
Jan 24-25, 2012 (Tue-Wed)
May 22-23, 2012 (Tue-Wed)
Sept 18-19, 2012 (Tue-Wed)
- Consideration of Minutes of Last Meeting
8:45 to 9:00 a.m.
Report: Task Force on Minority Aging Research
Dr. Terrie Wetle
9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
Report: Working Group on Program
- Advisory Meetings
- FOA/RFA Concept Clearance
- Leveraging Existing Data or Studies to Evaluate Safety and/or Effectiveness of Pharmacological Management of Chronic Pain in Older Adults – Drs. Basil Eldadah (DGCG) & Wen Chen (DN)
- Demonstration Projects for Systems Biology of Aging in Saccharomyces Cerevisiae – Drs. Ronald A. Kohanski & Jose Velazquez (DAB)
- Network Infrastructure Support for Emerging Area of Research in the Basic Biology of Aging – Dr. Felipe Sierra (DN)
- Secondary Analyses and Archiving of Social and Behavioral Datasets in Aging – Dr. Partha Bhattacharyya (DBSR)
- Supporting Aging Research through NIA-CMS Data Enclave (SBIR Contract Solicitation) - Dr. Partha Bhattacharyya (DBSR)
- Human Cell Reprogramming for Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease Research – Dr. Brad Wise (DN)
- Proposed NIA RFAs to Encourage Involvement of Small Businesses in T1 and T2 Translational Research on Aging – Dr. Chhanda Dutta (DGCG)
- Proposed NIA Program Announcements with Set-Side on T1 and T2 Translational Research on Aging – Dr. Chhanda Dutta (DGCG)
- Analysis of Databases from Health Care Systems or Large Epidemiologic Studies to Evaluate Safety of Testosterone Administration in Older Men – Dr. Lyndon Joseph (DGCG)
10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Initial Report: NIA Funding Policies and Scientific Review Branch Council Review - Dr. Ron Petersen
11:00 to 11:15 a.m.
11:15 – 12:15 a.m.
Program Highlights (DGCG): Dr. Evan Hadley
(11:15-11:45) “Testing New Interventions for Menopause Symptoms: New Findings from the MsFLASH Clinical Trials Network”
Dr. Andrea LaCroix
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Women’s Health Initiative Clinical Coordinating Center
11:45 to 12:15 a.m.
Program Highlights (DAB): Dr. Felipe Sierra
(11:45-12:15) “Sirtuins Aging & Disease”
Dr. Leonard P. Guarente
12:15 to 12:30 a.m.
12:30 to 1:30 a.m.
Working Lunch: Program Highlights (DBSR): Dr. Richard Suzman
(12:30-1:00) “Recent Findings in PNAS on Childhood Self-Control and Health and Wealth Income”
Dr. Terrie Moffitt
1:00 to 1:30 a.m.
Program Highlights (DN): Dr. Stephen Snyder
(1:00-1:30) “The Boundary between Normal and Pathological Brain Aging”
Dr. Randy L. Buckner